Friday 10 February 2017

The evolution of The Magpie's Nest Workshops


I thought I would talk about some of the wonderful workshops that I have hosted in The Magpie's Nest. It was always my intention to offer craft lessons in the shop and in August 2015, I finally got a shop big enough to do that!


I started off with drop-in crafty sessions for kids and it worked out great with one shop for the retail stock and the other {joining} unit as a workshop. I had been offering kids drop-in workshops in my previous two shops but this was so much better!


Of course I have a selection of lovely little guinea pigs to try out my ideas on, which is a brilliant way to assess whether my ideas can actually be achieved by my target audience and how long the projects will take. I soon realized that I had the most perfect space for workshops and of course I could keep an eye on the shop too.


In September 2015 we introduced crochet lessons with Robin Bray who I had met years previously online. We ran quite a few one off workshops and courses of lessons for about four months and Robin was a fantastic teacher and we added lots of new crocheters to the North Devon area.


I also taught a velvet pumpkin pincushion workshop myself I felt very nervous about teaching adults but once I got started it was okay! It helped that i had such lovely ladies to teach.


to be continued . . . . . . . .

No comments: