Tuesday 2 December 2008

we make folksy angels christmas competition

*EDITED*
i entered the folksy angels christmas decoration competition - the brief was to make a decoration from recycled items or items from your craft stash - no buying new supplies!

here's my entry - as usual i worked right up to the deadline and submitted my entry only to find the deadline had been extended! So my photo ain't great as i had to photograph in artificial light - bah!


i choose this photo as my entry as a especially liked the view of the chaos which is my craft table behind her!!!


i made my angel with help from my sizzix machine - she is made of totally recycled papers - her body is from a dried dog food bag - her wings from a foil crisp packet,newspaper and vintage sheet music - her dress is from vintage sheet music and her hair is from a page from a vintage bible - her halo is made of copper wire rescued from my jewellery making stash, oh and some glitter an inevitable store cupboard need with toddler crafts!

please go and check out the other twenty-four entries and vote for you favourite here http://blog.folksy.com/2008/12/2/vote-for-t-angels now!


voting ends tomorrow - i think!

*****VOTING FINISHED - IF ANYONE DID READ THIS AND VOTED FOR ME THANK-YOU!

I DID QUITE WELL REALLY - I ONLY GOT 15 VOTES BUT BY MY WORKING OUT THAT MEANS I CAME 5th WITH ABOUT 6% OF THE VOTES!

THE WINNER - NIFTY KNITS WON BY A MILE - WELL DONE NIFTY KNITS!!! *****

i especially love these

3 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

i so love the angel. i have that doll die, too. i have to try making one. :) i love, love, love the tea tag in your last post. so darn cute.

Hannah said...

She is really nice! good luck!!
I love the cup of tea too by the way :)

Whizzz said...

Tee hee - I have one of your recyled angels hanging on my tree. She looks very cute!