Sunday 21 March 2010

a journey through time with my Tardis!

phase 1
the foundation stitches


phase 2
starting to cross my stitches


phase 3
shaping and more filling


phase 4
shading


phase 5
adding the details


backstitch backstich backstitch!

phase 6
hmmm not very happy with the lettering


i redid the lettering
in an ideal world i would've used a perle cotton

but i didn't have any to hand
i think this is flower thread

i'm happier with it now.

yay!
it's really finished this time


i'm really pleased with the shading on the panels
i used three shades of blue and then also blended strands to get the shading right.


this is pretty much the true blue of my tardis
i find it quite hard to photograph blues.


my Tardis inspiration

all in all i'm really happy with how this came out
if i was being really picky i'd say the fact the windows/panels are square not rectangular is bugging me but to keep the other proportions right they had to be this way.

i think i need to take a cross stitch break now!
my eyes are tired and my hands are tired
but i am so pleased with this!


*******

*EDIT*

i thought it was all over

but i missed where the doors join

doh!

all done now.

but i think i may need to do some background
hmmm. . . .

17 comments:

Apryl said...

It looks really fab, I love it! whats up next cross stitched Viking Vampires? ;o)

Glamglass said...

Wow That is great!!! Love it!!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Absolutely fabulous! Max would love it on his wall. (I'll obviously stick to the David Tennant one!)

JuanitaTortilla said...

You're mad! Just a tad. Are your eyes wonky yet? :D

Gone to Earth said...

That is really wonderful.

MitziMakes said...

Hehe wow! That looked like fun :)

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place si am sa mai revin sa-l vizitez. O zi buna

Amber said...

What count did you use?

Unknown said...

this is absolutely amazing >.<

Anonymous said...

Love your work and your tardis! can you tell me where the pattern is from please, i'd love to do this for a nephew.

Some good tutorials too thanks

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

thank-you Anonymous!!! - but i can't contact you if you are anonymous!!!
i made up the pattern myself and as it's a copyrighted image i cannot share :0( but i'm sure you could draft a pattern easily enough yourself ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love it! As an avid cross stitcher myself, I know you worked hard on this. I've never really had any talent at designing my own. You did a great job!

Entre Nous said...

WHERE did you get the inspiration.... I need one for my dollhouse collectionn of minatures!!!

Bethany said...

This is amazing! I think I may draft my own version (inspiration credited to you, obviously!). Great job, it's gorgeous!

Jenners said...

This is amazing! My boyfriend is a huge Dr.Who fan!
In one of the pictured of the finished product, there is graph paper in the background, maybe with an outline on them? I was wondering if it was possible to post or send the outline for the project? Pretty please! I was trying to figure it out from the pictures but there are so many colours my mind was boggled!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

Jenners - thanks for the compliment on my work :) sorry i cannot share my design as the TARDIS is a BBC copyrighted design and they get quite sniffy about these things!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Would you be willing to sell your pattern to another fan??
way_mi@yahoo.com

Lori p.